Para/Site is now accepting applications for an Executive Director/Curator to lead the organisation into its next phase of development. Our ideal candidate will be experienced in running a non-commercial arts organization and efficiently managing budgets and physical space to maximum effect.
The candidate must present a bold curatorial vision for Para/Site, in keeping with its recent history of groundbreaking exhibitions and programs, and have the initiative and patience to realize this vision.
Top-notch management and administrative skills are a must as the next few years will require the Director to steer Para/Site’s growth into a medium-sized organization. Fundraising and development are a priority and the Director should have the ability to work comfortably with artists and patrons alike.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Establishing and executing a curatorial vision for Para/Site
- Staging exhibitions in Para/Site’s Sheung Wan space, as well as at offsite and international venues
- Developing Para/Site’s funding sources and nurturing long-term patrons and sponsors
- Playing a central role in executing Para/Site’s three-to-five year growth plan, including expansion of physical space and organisational scope
- Forging long-term relationships and partnerships with local and international arts institutions
- Shaping and managing the one-year Curatorial Training Program
- Expanding and monitoring Para/Site’s audience and visitor base
- Closely managing the annual budget
- University degree in Art History, Fine Art, Art Education or related discipline
- Commensurate programming and management experience in a contemporary art organisation
- Comfort with private and corporate development
- Excellent communication and consensus-building skills
- Experience managing budgets
- Knowledge or experience working in Asia preferred (Chinese language is not specifically required)
Please send applications (including CV, cover letter and salary expectations) to email@example.com by 30 January 2011.
Courtesy of Para/Site Art Space, 2010.