Analia Saban, Trough (Flesh), 2012. Oil paint on primed canvas. Courtesy of Agnes Gund Collection, New York. Photo: Brian Forrest. Images courtesy of Thomas Solomon Gallery, Tanya Bonakdar Gallery, and Analia Saban Studio.
National Museum of Norway - Museum of Contemporary Art
Opening on 12 September and running over the Christmas period to 4 January 2015, this exhibition offers a unique opportunity for museum visitors to see recently produced paintings by leading international and Norwegian painters. Fifty-three... continue reading
This week: August 26 - September 01 / 2014
- Witte de With | Center for Contemporary Art Dai Hanzhi: 5000 Artists
- Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis Fall 2014 exhibitions
- National Museum of Norway - Museum of Contemporary Art An Appetite for Painting
- La Criée Centre for Contemporary Art Release of HOW TO ACT?
- SALT September 2014
- Artium, Basque Museum-Centre of Contemporary Art Invisible Violence
- Van Eyck Call for applications 2014
- Cabinet Issue 53 out now
- Gwangju Biennale Burning Down the House
- Triennale of Milan Copper Crossings
- the VOLUME project The VOLUME project, Beirut, presented with Vision Forum
- Folkestone Triennial Folkestone Triennial 2014 opens
- Kunsthalle Zürich Jana Euler and Slavs and Tatars
- JULIA STOSCHEK COLLECTION Elizabeth Price
- Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal Ryoji Ikeda and Krzysztof Wodiczko
- Marres, House for Contemporary Culture The Unwritten
- Academy of the Arts of the World, Cologne PLURIVERSALE I
- Garage Museum of Contemporary Art First public library dedicated to contemporary art in Russia
- ARTER - space for art Upcoming: The Roving Eye
- e-flux journal Beginnings: Harun Farocki, 1944–2014
- Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst Dorothy Iannone
- Taipei Fine Arts Museum Taipei Biennial 2014: The Great Acceleration
- Biennial of Design Ljubljana BIO 50
- Arko Art Center A Journal of the Plague Year. Continental Fear. Islands, ghosts, rebels.
- The Jewish Museum Mel Bochner: Strong Language
- Centre d'art contemporain - la synagogue de Delme Zbyněk Baladrán
- TENT The Value of Nothing
- Kunsthall Trondheim Silje Figenschou Thoresen
- Busan Biennale Participating artists
- We, The Outsiders
- Summer Mondays at e-flux
- A Museum of Immortality
- If you know what exactly avant-garde is and how to name it, it probably isn’t avant-garde, right?!
- Keller Easterling: Subtraction Critical Spatial Practice 4
“Agency of Unrealized Projects” (AUP)
is a public database of censored, forgotten, postponed, impossible or rejected art projects, by nearly 2000 artists. View online and submit your unrealized projects.
- “Jalal Toufic is a thinker whose influence in the Beirut artistic community over the past two decades has... continue reading
- What makes a city successful today? Over the past few decades, artists—and more broadly, clusters of... continue reading
- Hand stitched and bound by Rustem Gungor, a Turkish-Ukranian bookbinder who goes by Rustie, e-flux journal... continue reading
- Editorial—“The End of the End of History?”
- The Nationalist Thing Which Thinks: Notes on a Genealogy of Ultranationalism
- Rainy Fascism Island
- Running Along the Disaster: A Conversation with Franco “Bifo” Berardi
- Mutation of the Triad: Totalitarianism, Fascism, and Nationalism in Japan
- Maidan and Beyond, Part II: The Cacophony of Donbas
- The End of the World: From Apocalypse to the End of History and Back
- Appendix XVIII: Plates 22-257
- On Art Activism
- Ultranationalism: A Proposal for a Quiet Withdrawal
- Is the World Sleeping, Sleepless, or Awake or Dreaming?
- The Rise of a Fallen Feather: The Symbolism of the Turul Bird in Contemporary Hungary
- From the Issue of Art to the Issue of Position: The Echoes of Socialist Realism, Part II
- Obituary for Sturtevant
- A Text That Should Never Have Been Written?